Long Cornrows Make for a Quick and Easy Protective Style! Here’s How!!
Are you looking for a protective style that will last you several weeks and doesn’t take 2 days to do? Cornrows can be it! They can be done with relaxed OR natural hair, and don’t take 5 packs of hair to do! You can even do them yourself! How convenient is that? So here’s a video showing you exactly how to make it happen:
They look so natural and you can part your hair any way you like to make them extra funky! Just keep these tips in mind:
- Add smaller pieces of hair in and add them periodically while you braid for a natural-looking braid that starts small, grows bigger, and then tapers off towards the end.
- Part your hair with a rat-tail comb for cleaner lines.
- Choose extensions that match your texture! If your hair is relaxed, using marley hair makes no sense! Just keep that in mind when at the hair supply store.
- Be gentle with your hair, especially the edges. Braids are protective, but they also will put unnecessary tension on your hair if you pull too tight.
- Detangle your hair thoroughly!
- It is best to do this on well-moisturized, but not completely wet hair. A little water from a spray bottle is enough.
- Finish it off with a little hair mousse or gel to keep the braids nice and neat.
This style can last 3 weeks or more with proper maintenance. Here are a few styles you can do with it! Enjoy!!